Air Cooled Enclosure for deployed UAV or flight applications using VPX 3U Air Cooled Modules. OpenVPX Ready. Designed to MIL-STD-810E, DO-160E, and MIL-STD-461E. For all rugged environments; Air, Land, and Sea. 6-Slots of 3U VPX with integral 600W 6-channel intelligent power supply.
The ATR-5700 Series of Flight Deployable Enclosures offer a rugged solution, typically found in expensive conduction cooled platforms, with the benefit of using inexpensive air-cooled boards.
This is made possible by Dawn’s revolutionary, Thermal Exchanged FlowTM (TEF) Cooling System. The TEF uses a microcomputer controlled two stage cooling system consisting of a completely sealed inner-housing and a forced air outer-housing. The inner-housing incorporates a high velocity fan to move heat from the boards to the interior walls heat exchanger. Thermal energy passes through the walls to the external heat exchanger where it is removed by two high-CFM fans.
Two cavities within the inner-housing are provided to accept power supplies or hold-up modules. The ATR-5700 uses a microcomputer controlled 600W 6-Channel, VPX power supply that operates at 94% efficiency. Supplies are configurable through a user menu and may be operated in normal or battle short mode. The power supply is thermally attached to the bulkheads for heat removal. An optional hold-up module will be available to support applications requiring this feature.
Backplane topology and I/O is configurable at time of order through use of Dawn’s Fabric Mapping Module (FMM) patent pending technology.
The chassis may be ordered with only the features required to minimize cost.
- Ideal packaging solution for UAV or flight deployed applications
- Thermal Exchanged Flow (TEFTM) Cooling System
- Supports up to six VPX 3U air cooled modules
- Fully sealed internal electronics compartment
- Integral 600W 6-Channel VPX intelligent power supply
- Embedded RuSH technology actively monitors system voltage, current, temperature and talks over system management bus using I2C
- Backplane topology and I/O is configurable at time of order using Dawn patented Fabric Mapping Modules (FMM)
- Available with optional shock isolated tray
Order Dawn P/N 11-1017441-XYZZ (Dawn will assign a suffix based on customer and options selected)