The PSC-6236 features a mission critical wide temperature range at high power on a 1 inch pitch. Input range is 85-264 VAC, 47-400 Hz. The PSC-6236 can be special ordered to support high current single channel applications. The PSC-6236 offers current sharing with up to four power supplies in a system for outputs of 12V, 5V and 3.3V. Models are available for air cooled, conduction to bulkhead cooled, and conduction to wedge lock cooled applications and configurations. The PSC-6236 is designed to be compliant with MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704F and MIL-STD-810F. Dawn’s proprietary embedded RuSH Rugged System Health Monitor technology actively measures voltage, current and temperature on each rail for intelligent monitoring and protective control of critical power supply performance parameters.
The PSC-6236 is interfaced to the Intelligent Platform Management Bus (IPMB) providing an I2C communication link with system cards. Onboard microprocessor and firmware provide real-time over voltage, over current and over temperature protective control, with factory programmable power sequencing and shutdown for all voltage rails. Standard firmware provides Power on Hours and max/min temperature with time stamps via an on-board RTC. Firmware enables additional features including customer specified monitoring windows for power sequencing, special alerts, alarms, status reports and other monitoring and control factors. An optional 3-axis accelerometer records and time stamps shock and vibration and other critical events. The front I/O panel includes an LED status indicator, a USB port for field firmware upgrades and VBAT battery access for support of the VPX memory backup power bus.
In addition to a wide range of standard features, the highly configurable PSC-6236 offers the mission critical market many non-standard features through custom firmware.
Dawn PSC-6236 Summary of Features:
- Universal AC input VITA 62 3U 400W AC/DC power supply with full OpenVPX support.
- Air cooled, bulkhead conduction cooled and reverse side wedge lock conduction cooled models.
- AC input: Single phase 85 VAC to 264 VAC, 47 Hz to 400 Hz.
- DC output PO1: +12V/16.7A, PO2: +5V/40A, PO3: +3.3V/30A, +3.3V_Aux/4A, +12V_Aux/4A, -12V _Aux /3A.
- High power mission critical wide temperature range up to -40 °C to +85 °C at the thermal interface.
- Ruggedized – VITA 47 compliant.
- Microprocessor technology actively monitors voltage, current and temperature, and provides protective control.
- Over voltage, over current and over temperature protection.
- I2C status and control user and IPMB interface.
- Current share compatible with additional PSC-6236 units.
- Can be special ordered to support high current single channel applications.