To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in a career with Dawn VME Products. Thanks in advance.
Senior Software/Firmware Engineer – LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Responsible for the design of PIC-based, sophisticated, high-performance VITA 62 AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies, intelligent monitoring and control boards, and intelligent loads with a high commitment to meeting schedule and performance targets while maintaining the highest quality standards. Must be confident in taking the lead in as an individual contributor in defining, scoping, documenting, coding, and debugging as well as working as part of a team on complex projects. Collaborate effectively with electrical and PCB design team members. Work with senior and junior level technicians and doc control. This is a small company so the successful candidate must be flexible with job requirements and be a team player. This position requires interaction with customers. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required. This job requires the applicant to work on site.
Scope of Duties / Job Description:
- Architect, design, code, and document new code and upgrades to existing code.
- Minimize firmware size and optimize design performance.
- Design for test (DFT).
- Work effectively with team members, exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure quality.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- Self motivated with the ability to be adaptable to manage competing priorities and deal with unexpected events.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time and be results-oriented.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical skills and problem solving.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized.
- 7+ years of embedded, real-time firmware development experience.
- 5+ years experience with PIC18F family and ARM.
- Ability to write Windows-based GUI code highly desirable.
- Extensive C or C++ and assembly programming experience on a range of micro-controllers.
- PIC Basic Pro highly desirable.
- I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485 or other inter-processor communications.
- Familiar with techniques for coding optimization and coding under strict memory constrains.
- Knowledge of real time operating systems.
- Familiar with emulator techniques.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.