To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in a career with Dawn VME Products. Thanks in advance.
Senior PCB Layout Engineer – Altium Expertise REQUIRED
Responsible for the design of high-performance VITA 62 AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies, PCIe 3.0 backplanes, and other complex circuit boards with a high commitment to meeting schedule, cost, and performance targets while maintaining the highest quality standards. Collaborate effectively with electrical and mechanical design team members. Work with senior and junior level technicians and doc control. This is a small company so the successful candidate must be flexible with job requirements and be a team player. This position requires a lot of direct interaction with customers. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required.
Scope of Duties / Job Description:
- This job requires the candidate to work on site – please do not submit your resume if you do not meet this requirement.
- Schematic Capture, PCB layout, and BOM creation; components engineering highly desirable.
- Create full documentation package for PCB fabrication and for PCB assembly.
- Create and manage component libraries, including PCB footprint libraries.
- Design rule verification.
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) and test (DFT).
- Ensure PCBs are designed, produced and documented in line with established methodology, standards and procedures.
- Abide by established procedures and best practices for developing high quality PCB designs and products which conform to customer and company quality standards.
- Work effectively with team members, exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure quality.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience and expert in Altium is REQUIRED – please do not submit your resume if you do not meet this requirement.
- Self motivated with the ability to be adaptable to manage competing priorities and deal with unexpected events.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time and be results-oriented.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical skills and problem solving.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- General understanding of electronics and components.
- Strong knowledge of PCB fab materials.
- 5+ years experience in power supply layout with high component densities.
- Understanding of EMC and design considerations.
- Familiarity with Cadence Allegro.
- Familiarity with IPC guidelines.
- AS in Computer Science, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field is required; or equivalent experience.
- Design simulation experience is a huge plus.