To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in a career with Dawn VME Products. Thanks in advance.
Senior Lab Technician/Development Engineer
Responsible for the development support and test of PIC-based, sophisticated, high-performance VITA 62 AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies, intelligent monitoring and control boards, and intelligent loads. Must be confident in testing new hardware and firmware designs, troubleshooting problems and RMA’s, and repairing product without constant supervision. Collaborate effectively with electrical and PCB design team members. Work with senior and junior level technicians and doc control. This is a small company so the successful candidate must be flexible with job requirements, not be rattled by changing priorities, and be a team player. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required.
Scope of Duties / Job Description:
- Work with senior engineers on test and development of new products and make design for Test (DFT) recommendations.
- Test and repair existing products.
- Support production test where needed.
- Follow lab procedures and keep meticulous records.
- Work effectively with team members, exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- Self motivated with the ability to be adaptable to manage competing priorities and deal with unexpected events.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time and be results-oriented.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical skills and problem solving.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Experienced with a range of micro-controllers.
- Experience with both analog and digital circuitry.
- Excellent small component soldering skills.
- 5+ years experience with power supplies.
- 5+ years experience with PIC18F family is a huge plus.
- Firmware debugging a huge plus.
- AA or BS or in Electrical Engineering.